Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July....

I was sick this 4th of July which was a bit of a bummer though I got to hang out with the kids on Sunday & Monday while Curtis built a fence with our neighbor.  Ah the joys of living in the burbs and sharing fences. It took them two full days to build the fence which looks fantastic.  Our old fence was a haven for black widows and I'm hoping Curtis found the queen mum of them all.  He killed her and a few more as well as a bunch of egg sacks.  I truly hate these spiders and I'm absolutely terrified of them.  I'm hoping since the fence is down we may have a better chance of not have nearly as many as we have.  Though I'm sure there are still a bunch living in the garage....
Anyways, on to less creepy topics.  Luke absolutely loved the fireworks this year.  Even though I wasn't feeling well I still wanted to take him up to the bike path by our house and watch them.  Kristin joined Luke and I while Curtis stayed home and relaxed and Stella slept. 
Luke kept naming the colors of the fireworks and even corrected me on a color - I said it was white and he clearly felt it was yellow.  Quote: "No mommy not white, it's yellow!!" He was quite exasperated with me.
He also kept saying he wanted big ones.  Since we were on the bike path and not at the Starlight Bowl where they set them off we had a few trees obstructing some of the lower fireworks.  Overall it was still pretty cool and many people enjoyed the show from the path as well. 
Next year we are thinking we will go up to the Starlight Bowl with our neighbors as it is suppose to be a blast. 

No comments: