It has been awhile since I blogged so I thought I would give some updates (sans pictures as I am at work).
Last week Curtis and I took the week off to get the new house painted and carpets pulled up. We were so lucky to have Nana Alicia with us for 10 days to take care of Luke and to help us pack. I'm not sure we would have had such a smooth move if she wasn't here to help!!!
We moved in on Friday the 24th with the carpets pulled up and most of the painting completed. We are now up to our necks in boxes and a lot of stuff, who knew moving into a smaller house would make you realize all the crap one collects over the years. We are now trying to see what can be donated, trashed and stored. It is going to be a long process I feel though we are intending on having a mini-halloween party on Friday so it needs to be in some kind of decent shape by then!! Let's hope we can do it!!!
Luke is growing up fast. Last night I put him in a 12 month sleeper and it was a little snug...yikes. He is so close to crawling though he can move across the floor in no time now. He loves the animals, any time he sees one of them he becomes all smiles and immediately chases them down. Freedom is the only animal that plays with him, the others run.
Luke has adjusted well to his new room, we are still in decorating mode though. We would like to paint clouds on the ceiling. It is fun to decorate his room the rules are a lot different for a kid vs. adult bedroom.
Our neighbors are nosey but I'm gathering this is just part of us adjusting to suburban life.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait to see your new place!!! How many bedrooms and baths are there? Does it have a yard? Im soo jealous.
Post a Comment