Monday, August 10, 2009

ugh a case of the sickies...


So all last week Luke was down and out with a nasty cold that Curtis had the previous week. I got to stay home with Luke most of the time which wasn't too bad as I got a lot of cuddle time which is about all I can seem to handle at this point of my pregnancy.

By Saturday Luke had finally broke his fever and was ready to get back to his busy toddler life. Curtis and I were still on negative hours of sleep and were not quite ready for Luke's lust for life but we made it through the weekend somehow. I think we owe a lot to Kristin coming over and playing with Luke and getting him tired out.
I don't blame Luke though - who doesn't find a renewed zest for life after being knocked sideways for a week from a cold? I was clawing at the walls to get out of the house as well especially by Friday - luckily our friend Nora was able to help and spent half the day watching Luke while I went to work for a few hours on Friday. It was nice to step out for a few and be around healthy people - though I was seriously jonesing for some cuddle time by the time I got home.

On Tuesday I took Luke to a doctor's appointment to make sure he was ok and I got this cute photo of Luke "talking on the phone" (it is a calculator that I guess he thought was a cell phone). He was sitting in his car seat with this "phone" to his ear going "Hello, hello, hello". It was the most adorable thing - I feel almost everything he does these days are just adorable!!!!

1 comment:

Mama Bree said...

d'oh! watching over a sick toddler is rough but being sick at the same time is even worse! :( glad to hear everyone is on the mend!

funny about the calculator - Logan does the same thing!! it must be the buttons and "screen"? :)