I recently got a bike (with my rewards points whoohoo) and when Luke saw it he decided he needed to have a bike too. We had been talking about getting him a trike for some time and just hadn't quite gotten to it yet until this morning. The kids and Curtis went on a nice long walk this morning while mommy slept in (I don't know what it is but I have been exhausted lately and can't get enough sleep - Curtis says duh, you're a mother of two and working full-time. I guess that is it, life did change dramatically when I returned to work....oh maternity leave how did you go by so fast?) and while they were out at 7am they came across a yard sale. Well at this sale was a 7 year old boy trying to sell his old tricycle. I guess his little sister thought it was worth $7 dollars but since it was "dirty" she was willing to take $5 dollars for her brothers bike! It sounded like the cutest sales pitch ever.
Curtis and Luke were sold and they came home with Luke's new bike!! He is totally jazzed unfortunately the weather is kind of crappy today and Curtis had to clean the heck out of it as it was indeed dirty with black widows & some egg nests....apparently Burbank was built on one of the largest black widows nests/colonies ever. They are the bane of my existence as I am scared to death of them....too many scary spider movies as a kid I guess.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment