So we have finally gotten settled in at home. Our stay at the hospital seemed to last forever. I'm finally coming out of my drug induced haze of the last week and realizing how much we still have to get ready for our darling baby boy or as I like to call him, monkey face.We had no idea that we would already be parents this week. I had hoped to take this week to do some day care tours, last minute shopping, nesting and getting everything ready for baby's arrival. So you can imagine what an overwhelming surprise it was to find out I needed to go to the hospital and in about 48 hrs our little bundle of joy was placed in my arms 10 days earlier then I was ready for. The same day I went to the hospital there was suppose to be a surprise baby shower at my work which I ended up having to miss but I hear was a good time! Thank goodness though the waiting game is over. He has arrived healthy & happy after waiting patiently for 9 months.

The recovery is going well except my blood pressure is still high, we are working on getting that lowered. It is a little frustrating but what can one do when the body is doing its own thing. The recovery from the c-section is going really well - I have finally weened myself from the pain killers and am able to see clearly and I am ready to attack motherhood at full force.
Of course, the c-section reminds me I can't do it all and the blood pressure tells me to take it easy, there is no need to be supermom yet! Thank goodness Curtis and grandma are here to help.
I do have to give a shout out to our friends who have been so helpful in the recovery, from visits to cooking food and hanging out, it has really been a blessing, though embarassing for me at times and probably them. Who knew how comfortable I would be breastfeeding in front of them all!
Today we had our first visit with Luke's doctor and he is a perfect healthy baby. That is the best news we can get. He is gaining the weight he lost in the beginning few days. We did have some breastfeeding issues, mainly not doing it quite right so I have had to pump and we have had a few meals that have been supplemented with formula but thank goodness he is not a picky eater! He will go from formula, bottle, breast whatever is offered quite greedily. He is also sleeping a lot which is very nice at night.
We had a hard time the first few days figuring out what his different cries meant and to understand just cause he crying doesn't mean we are doing anything wrong or hurting him. I'm so happy that stage has passed. That really had me questioning what the heck had we gotten ourselves into. Now that we do know his cries and habits we are finding ourselves with a much better routine and finding our hearts growing bigger and bigger everyday with love for this new person in our life as well as with each other. It is amazing the changes that occur due to the introduction of a new person in your life.
The dogs and cats are handling Luke's arrival well, though Freedom our little dog, seems to be slightly frightened of him. I'm sure this will be addressed in future blogs!
Here are a few of my favorite pics from Luke's entry into the world!



1 comment:
I know youre going to be an AMAZING mother. Youre so full of life and love and Luke is really gonna have a wonderful life. And a great dad too who can teach him some soccer skills!!! i LOVE his black hair!!! I cant wait to shower him with kisses!!!
Post a Comment