Saturday, February 9, 2008

Reality Check

Sooo...there are only 16 days until Luke is due to arrive. I think I may be freaking out a little bit. Are we ready? I guess that is the question everyone asks as the date approaches. We have diapers (lots), clothing (thank you everyone), a camera, and plenty of love...I suppose the rest is bonus. Laurie will be joining us for a few weeks to help us rest after the birth...leaving us with only one real responsibility - get to know our son.

Renee is beginning to get really uncomfortable, so we know he is coming soon. The doctors estimate Luke will weigh approximately 8 lbs 2 oz on arrival. For someone who will be lucky to break 5' 10", he sure is starting out big and healthy.

We recently took an infant care class. Very valuable in formation for someone who has never held a baby before...coming from a large family, it was pretty much review. I did learn that if you shake an infant you can give it brain damage (sorry Catherine - my bad). Just kidding folks, I knew that already...

So stay tuned...this blog will get busier after the baby arrives, with pictures of a beautiful baby and exhausted parents.

Don't forget to send Luke email for posterity and his scrap book to luke.d.n.shipman@gmail.com.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Curtis

1 comment:

Cat Shipman said...

oh Curtis, I hate you. But really, I wonder what is happening right now.....I hope Renee is doing good and you're not too stressed. Wouldnt it a great Valentine's Day gift to have your son today?