Thursday, September 17, 2009

I love Mama!!!

The three greatest words in my world right now. I had always thought that Curtis telling me he loved me was the best but hearing Luke say it for the first time actually surpasses that (sorry Curtis).
Here's how it went down....
On Monday night Curtis and I left the kids with Nana Riedy (so happy to have grandparents around - it is great on so many levels) and went to watch Monday Night Football at a bar!!! It was quite exciting for me as I can't think of the last time I was at a bar.
Anyways, back to the saying of those 3 magic words, I had been feeling a little down lately. My recovery is taking longer then it had with Luke and getting a bit claustrophobic hanging out in the house all day. So we guess Luke noticed that Mommy was needing a little pick me up when we got home.
So we were sitting on the floor playing monkey in the middle with Luke and he ran up to me and said, "I Love Mama" and gave me a big hug. I thought at first I just imagined this surely Luke didn't just say he loved me. But when I looked at Curtis he confirmed that Luke had indeed just told his Mom that he loved her.
My heart is still bursting with this unexpected show of love from our beautiful son.

1 comment:

Mama Bree said...

awwwww so awesome!! congrats on getting a nite out alone too - they are the best! :)