So Curtis has found Luke's weakness when it is time to drop him off at school. The other day when Curtis dropped him off the day care provider was singing "Row, Row, Row your boat" and Luke turned away from Curtis and started clapping his hands and dancing. Once he heard the song Luke just ignored Curtis and made no escape or desperate plea for Curtis stay with him.
This weekend I decided to put this song to test and see Luke's reaction. Luke was sitting on his pony rocking away when I started singing. As soon as the song ended Luke started signing for more and saying, "mo, mo". So I started singing the song again and he just started laughing and clapping his hands and generally acting very excited. I think I must of sang the song about 30 times before we were done.
I think it is so fun to find out Luke has a favorite song. I'm just constantly amazed that he has his own life outside of our home. Tonight we are going to his school's "Come Play with Me Night". This is a yearly event where we get to hang with Luke at school and meet his playmates and the other parents. We were still newbies last year when the event happened but hopefully tonight we will talk with more parents and get to know all of Luke's buddies.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment