Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A history making day

Yesterday was truly a day that was made for the history books and not because it was Luke's first ear infection. But with that in mind Luke & I did miss out on watching the inauguration unfortunately since we were at the doctor where Luke got diagnosed with not only an ear infection but an eye infection as well. Thank goodness the news made sure we didn't miss anything with their continuous and repetitive coverage of all of the days events.

I am so excited that Luke is able to grow up in a time when barriers and stereotypes are being broken. It is amazing to look at our history as a country and see all the progress we have made on a societal level.

Let's hope that as a whole this country has hit the bottom and we will only be able to go up at this point. I'm hoping yesterday was a new jumping point for us all and a true reminder of what dedication, optimism and challenging authority can do for one and all.

No comments: