Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A victory for Mom - YES!!

I'm currently still doing a happy fist pump in the air! Last night Luke finally started to say: MAMAMAMAMAM. Now I know he may not be referring to me quite yet though he did say it while I was around and Curtis wasn't but I can't help feeling the days of DADADADADAD are now past us and I get a name too!!

I know so silly but it is the silly things that keep us going and making us laugh.

In other news - I still haven't had a chance to upload Christmas photos yet since when I'm at home (yes I tend to blog while at work) Curtis' is either on the computer doing school work or I'm just too pooped to be productive.

Luke is getting so mobile it is crazy. He just loves his freedom and loves to explore everything around him. And he loves to play so we all play together a lot.

We are trying to transistion from bottle to sippy cup but that is not going as easily as the books seem to make it. Luke is very attached to his bottle so much so that when Curtis dropped him off at day care today and he saw his friend Sara drinking a bottle he pitched a fit until he had one too. I guess I'm going to have to do more research on this.

Also, I don't think I have updated everyone on the state of my health recently. So here is a little blurb, blood pressure is in check (YEA!), my cholesterol went down 100 points in two months due to diet change (no beef or pork, so sad) as well as hypothyriod meds helping. I will be taking medication for the hypothyriodism for about a year but my thyriod is currently in check so that is good. I get my cholesterol checked in two months to see if it has gone done anymore, fingers crossed it does.

1 comment:

Mama Bree said...

Excellent news all around but most importantly, I'm really glad to hear you're own health is doing so much better. That is really important and I was wondering how that was going. :)

About the sippy cup - I was worried about that too, esp. since Logan LOVES his bottle as well (it's getting to where we have to HIDE it when we're getting him ready for bed, etc. just so he doesn't throw a tantrum), but as soon as he learned he can hold the sippy cup on his own, he liked that.

I have no idea what the books say, but I would just try a good solid few HOURS of only giving him the sippy cup (if he's not taking water, then try watered down juice, that's what Logan prefers since it's sweet of course) and not the bottle. It took us a couple days of really being diligent about just the sippy cup and holding it for him, and then slowly he learned to grasp it himself (even tho he was already holding his bottle, go figure!) - but again, once he figured it out, and that he could tilt it up on his own whenever he wanted during playtime or whatever, he really liked it. :) Good luck!! If it doesn't work, hold off a few days or a couple weeks and then try again. I don't think there's any law about WHEN to start - just whenever he's ready!!