Monday, May 18, 2009

The 15th month check-up

Oh our little shorty!!!! Luke is progressing nicely on his growth chart though his height (30.5 inches) & weight (23 lbs 14 oz) puts him in the 50% range and his head (19.36) still has him in the 90 percentile. The doctor did say he is slowing down on his growth just a bit but that is to be expected.
He did receive 4 shots today poor little man. He was not happy but of course once we waved a little cereal/fruit bar he quickly calmed down and started his num-num routine.
Our doctor did give us some good advice for when #2 comes which is good as I have a feeling when Luke's 18 month appointment comes I'm going to be waddling more then a penguin and not quite able to concentrate enough on how our son may behave towards our new addition.
Since he still isn't interested in meat (though he loves those that look like meat products) we do need to introduce him to more bean products. Well really we need to introduce him to beans as we have been avoiding I think mainly in the fear of the incredible gas it could cause!!!!
The doctor did recommend to really spinach up his food too - this is totally fine with me as I have been craving spinach like crazy, Curtis though is not too fond of this as he really has an aversion to vegetables.
Curtis really needs to look to Luke as an example of what to eat as I can't imagine all of Curtis' meat & carb meals are really doing good to his insides....though I can't say much right now I think I would live off of chocolate, sundaes, milkshakes & donuts if I could. Silly pregnancy urges....don't worry though I still eat my veggies and do try to avoid the bad stuff though with the heat we've had lately I can't help but crave ice cream!!!!!

1 comment:

Mama Bree said...

lemme know what works on the food front. we have MAJOR issues getting Logan to eat any veggies at all *sigh* it's really quite frustrating! :(