Friday, May 15, 2009

With a sad and heavy heart...



For awhile now we have been trying to find a home for Brutus our beloved dog. Brutus has always had a fear of children and with Luke starting to walk/run poor Brutus has kept getting stuck trying to get away from him in our tiny house which in turn has caused a number of incidents that Brutus has run into Luke and knocked him down as he is in hurry to get away from his possible tormentor.

Brutus was also knocked down a peg or two from being our number one dog child to becoming just our dog. We had not been able to give him all the attention he previously was receiving and with the addition of TBD #2 we thought it best to find him a new childless home.


Well the day came! Brutus has found a new home (we believe this one is permanent) in San Francisco with a great guy named Finn. Finn met Brutus yesterday in what we thought would be a quick meet & greet and instead turned into an immediate love fest. Brutus and Finn had an immediate bond and Finn changed his plans for flying home to renting a car and doing his first road trip with Brutus (hopefully Brutus' current gas problems weren't too distracting during the drive!).


The hardest part about this is when I left home yesterday I didn't realize I would be coming home to a Brutus-less house. I never got to say good-bye. And while yes we have been knowing this day would come it didn't make it any easier on my hormone laden body and mind to easily accept this change. Of course I broke down in tears at work - a big no-no in my book as 1) I don't like to cry in general & 2) I hate when my co-workers look at me in pity as I slobber all over myself!!!!


Anyways, here is a cheers to Finn for adopting our great dog and one to Brutus for all the years of love he shared with us!

No comments: