Monday, May 11, 2009

Lots of stuff to be done in one weekend!

We had a great weekend full of activities and some lounging though of course this was one of those weekends you just don't want to end and have to face work again. So here I am at work blogging as an avoidance to what I really need to get completed! This also means I don't have access to great photos but will do my best to get some uploaded tonight.

My Mom & Bert arrived Friday for a nice long weekend visit. They hadn't seen Luke since January so they have been really excited to see him. We all went on a grand adventure Saturday! I was nervous, I think Curtis was too.

Luke got his first hair cut!!!! We had been really enjoying his little surfer do but I felt it probably needed to get trimmed a bit as it was starting to get below his eyebrows. Of course when I think trim I'm thinking a very little tinniee trim not a full new hair do for our young man, one that takes away the cute little curls that are forming. But of course that is exactly what happens. He got a boy cut....oh well it will grow back right?

Anyways, the event was a bit traumatic for Luke until the hair dresser showed Luke his Sponge Bob cookie jar. Once Luke had his hand in that jar he was happy and allowed Eddie (Spaghetti) to continue cutting his hair.
He now is super blonde!!!

On Sunday Curtis and Luke woke me up with a great big Happy Mother's Day. Curtis went and got pastries for us all and while Luke took his morning nap I got a bunch of presents from the boys. They spoiled me and my birthday is just a few weeks away!!! I'm not complaining....a girl can never have enough jewels & bags!!!

We all went to a nice lunch at Barney's and afterwards Mom, Luke & I went shopping for big boy shoes for Luke and some new summer time pjs. Curtis & Bert went home improvement shopping and we now how screen doors on our sliding glass doors!!! It was a win-win until Curtis had to install the doors - that was a bit of a pain for him.

Curtis and I then went and had a date while Luke was watched by Mom & Bert. We went and saw the new Star Trek movie which we absolutely enjoyed. We hadn't been to a movie since January or February so it was a nice treat. We also walked around downtown Burbank to work off some of the popcorn & candy we gorged on during the film!

No comments: