So Luke was down for the count last week after all his shots. We do think he is finally working on those bicuspids as well which just threw him over the edge! He is doing much better now thank goodness. Last Wednesday was really tough. I stayed home with him and our normally very active kid was all about the cuddles and sleeping on Mommy's shoulder. I hadn't gotten that kind of treatment since he was a newborn.
Of course even though I loved holding and caring for him I couldn't help but have moments of panic wondering if he was really ok and if there was something else wrong besides just the adverse reaction to the four shots from Monday. He hadn't been sick in a long time.
But by Thursday he was pretty much back to his old self and his temperature had returned to normal. By the end of the day this 6 month pregnant Mom was worn out, I had stayed home with him again just in case his fever came back!! Of course since Luke was feeling so much better he refused to go to sleep and spent an hour and a half playing in his crib. At that point it was 9:30p and we figured he must need something to eat. So we got him out of his bed to give him some milk and food. Our Mistake!!! Luke was bouncing off the walls....we had never seen him in such a state of hyper-ness!!!
By 11p we were exhausted (I'm usually in bed no later then 9:30p, Curtis shortly follows). So Curtis put Luke in his bed and we let him cry it out. We are not sure how long he cried for since once our heads hit the pillows we were out!
In other news - Curtis has finished getting his B.S.!!! He has passed his exams with flying colors and his application for graduation has been approved. We are so excited for him as he has been wanting to get this completed for such a long time. He now has anticipations of getting his MBA hopefully starting next fall when Stella is about a year old.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ugh! I hear ya on the teething and hyper kid late at night! oh well, sounds like you were able to get thru it :)
congrats to Curtis! what a huge accomplishment!! way to go!!!
Hey guys-
We had sick kiddos half of last week & most of this week (then I got it too!) Super high fever & Nathan is getting his 3rd molar---gotta love it. ((Hugs)), it ain't easy being a parent! We want to see you guys soon, have to get the kiddos together & see you all preggers again. :) YAY for Curtis, we are so proud of him. Miss you all-
Jenny
Post a Comment