Tuesday, May 5, 2009

our little veggie-head

I just had to share that Luke still refuses to eat meat. We tried to entice him with a piece of a fancy sausage as well as a hot dog (what kid hates hot dogs???) but he clearly let us know these were unacceptable. With the sausage he took a lick and immediately hucked it across the outdoor courtyard we were sitting in and tried to the clean the taste off his mouth as quickly as possible. When he tried the hot dog he sniffed, licked, wrinkled his nose and immediately and quite daintily dropped it on his tray and looked at us with this great AS IF face. He then proceeded to flick off the remaining offending pieces of hot dog and gave them to me. He wouldn't continue eating until all the hot dog was off his tray!!
On the flip side he loves tofu, tofu chicken, meatless meatballs, fruits & veggies. And we can't forget about the soy butter sandwiches!! I'm glad he is a healthy eater but Curtis and I just look at each other sometimes will eating our steaks and chicken going where did he get these eating habits????

1 comment:

Mama Bree said...

hee hee I have to laugh because I'm a veggie of course. :)

Logan is very similar tho!! it's really quite funny, esp. when Jon wants him to eat meat. what he WILL eat (and SCARF DOWN begging for more) is deli meats - usually on the sweeter side like honeyed ham or honeyed turkey. but he eats the deli chicken slices too. I don't know if it's because they are just "milder" since they are thinly sliced, or what? but if it's bugging you enough and you want him to try some meat, you could try those and see....

good luck! at least he's eating his veggies!! :)