Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's been awhile, I know!!

So we have been really busy and I just got a new laptop that I'm still getting used to and how its integrated into our home network so I haven't had a chance to blog in awhile.

Here are some highlights of what is going on in our lives right now.

Luke's top molars have come through, YAY 12 down and 8 to go!!! He is still drooling and rubbing his gums so we think he may be working on those crazy canines. Man it's tough being a kid.

Luke has received his first birthday party invitation!!! It's from his "girlfriend" Sarah at day care. I was super excited when Curtis showed me the invite - I feel this is a milestone of some sort. This morning our little flirt apparently was greeted by a big hug from Sarah and they both started laughing so I guess we need to keep our eyes on those two!!! This is the same girl Luke "kissed" awhile back and they have been "caught" holding hands. Jeez what's the rush kids?

Luke is really developing those walking skills. He seems to be comfortable with about 10-15 steps before he looks around in fear and realizes what he is doing. He is walking more though at home so we know it is any day now when crawling will be soooo yesterday.

Luke has discovered a small risk-taking gene. He loves to climb and has figured out how to climb up on the table in his room where he Lord's over his stuffed animals! He also loves to hold on to my hands and "jump" off the table landing on his feet. He finds this to be the most fun right before bed. We also recently got him a kids version of a Baby Grand Piano that has a stool that he figured out how to use as a stepping stool. So we make sure to keep an extra eye out when he gets near that stool. He has used it to climb on top of the piano as well as climb onto the hearth and couch. Crazy kid, we know this is just the beginning.

We are all signed up to do the Bruin Run/Walk at UCLA (Luke & I will be walking with our friends Danielle & Madison) while Curtis & Jason (Danielle's husband & Maddie's Dad) will be running the 5k. We are all looking forward to a nice morning of walking and people watching. Though the 6am sign-in time is early even for us!!!

TBD baby #2 seems to be developing nicely. The morning sickness has gone away, the sleepiness has definitely arrived. The second trimester is going along swimmingly which makes me extra happy!!!! I'm rounding out quite nicely though am in that stage where I look more fat then pregnant but since everyone pretty much knows at this point it isn't so bad. We should find out the gender in 5 to 6 weeks. We are getting really excited and have started referring to Luke as big brother.

1 comment: