Thursday, March 12, 2009

kids fall a lot right???

So we have gotten phone calls from Luke's day care about how Luke has fallen and cut his lip. Yesterday when I got the call everything seemed ok so I didn't rush off from work to go cuddle Luke for the rest of the afternoon. Well when I went to pick him up he was in a cranky mood and just not happy except when he first saw me (I got the only smile of the day).

By the time we got home Luke just got increasingly fussy. We called the doctor since he wouldn't drink or eat anything. Every time he tried he would cry when trying to swallow. So we are doing our best to be calm while Luke screams his little lungs out and looks at us for help. Curtis talked to the doctor who says it is probably the beginning of a cold. Umm, ok I guess we will just continue to take turns to cuddle and comfort. Within 10 mins or so from the doctor's call Curtis has Luke asleep in his arms and we put him down for the night.

It was 7pm - about an hour earlier then normal. We figure ok if he is getting sick then yeah he is just super tired - poor little guy.

Luke woke at 4:30a this morning had some milk and went back to sleep until 7a. So he got a really good nights sleep which means he woke up in a pretty good mood. We are hoping he isn't getting sick and he was just exhausted from his big fall and probably hurt from it as well.

Now I know I can't wrap him in plastic bubble wrap and he totally loves to climb and I can't stop him from exploring this activity BUT I still want to do all of that just to know he is safe!!!!

No comments: