Monday, March 22, 2010

NEVER doing this AGAIN!

For a few weeks now Luke's grandmothers (yes plural) have been dropping hints & straight-up telling me (yes Mom I listened-wish I hadn't) to get Luke a haircut. So I finally took him in. Nana went with me and filmed some of this horrific event (I won't post the video as I think it will lead to years of therapy for both Luke & I).
Even before the hair cut started Luke was saying, "No cut, hurt". Which ok we know getting your hair cut doesn't hurt but he does the same thing with getting his nails trimmed which I agree can hurt at times if one is not careful.
Well, as soon as the hair dresser started wetting Luke's hair all HELL broke loose. I immediately felt like the worst mother in the world, the screams and tears had everyone in the building staring. Some employees were trying to figure out how they could help calm him down...NOTHING worked. He wasn't interested in trains, lollipops, cookies....
The hair dresser was worried about stabbing or cutting Luke - which I don't blame him the kid was flailing in my arms.
Unfortunately the hair dresser was also so worried about hurting Luke he couldn't clean up the "Bang incident" that happened a few weeks ago. So I repeat I will NEVER take my son to get his haircut AGAIN. I don't care if he looks like some blonde hippy (I prefer to think of a SoCal surfer dude). If someone has a problem with his long hair they can sit and deal with the true fear he feels.
So I'm guessing now in addition to having to hear, "No hit Mommy" and "No Mommy" I am now going to get to be reminded with these great words, "No cut Mommy".
I do have to remind myself that Luke does say "Love you Mommy", "Mommy's pretty" and "Play with me Mommy" about as much as he says the other stuff. It's just that he doesn't say the good stuff straight for 5 minutes like he does when he says, "No Mommy".

1 comment:

Cat Shipman said...

long hair is totally in!!!!