Tuesday, April 15, 2008

2 months old!


We are on our own!! So far getting a routine down has been somewhat ignored by me. Luke's naps and feedings are finding a schedule but his night time routine has not quite been established yet. Hopefully we will come up with a good routine soon. He is starting to sleep longer at night though he goes to sleep early somewhere between 8 & 9. We are having a difficult time going to sleep then so it is still jarring at 2 or 3am when he wakes up. It is getting better though. Especially when he greets us with a smile at that time.

Luke & I have been having wonderful afternoon outings together. Yesterday we took a lovely walk with Andrea Reyes through our neighborhood and had a great lunch outside and enjoyed the weather. Today we went to the Cheesecake Factory with Andrea Rothstein and then wandered around the Farmer's Market just the two of us. It is really nice, I feel like I have a shopping buddy.

We also are having great mornings as well. Luke tends to wake up around 6 to 7am. We will then play until about 8 or 9am and then take a nap together. We then wake up between 10 & 11am. After yet another feeding we play smiley face games and do some reading together and listen to music.
Luke is starting to really enjoy his bouncy seat and swing. Since he is now two months old I'm doing my best not to hold him all the time and to let him view the world on his own. It seems to be working out alright so far. I'm hoping pretty soon to get him down to Disneyland again. His head is getting really strong. Hopefully this time we will ride some rides together!!! Whoo hoo look out Fantasyland. I think Space Mountain will have to wait awhile longer.

1 comment:

Mama Bree said...

Nice! It's so great when they start resembling some sort of schedule :) And even if you still aren't getting a lot of sleep, it's so much easier because now the little one is semi-predictable :)

I hear ya on not being able to go to sleep that early tho - we have the same issue with Logan. Who goes to bed at 8pm for crying out loud?? :)