This weekend Curtis and I decided to turn off our TV and do family stuff. Most of the family stuff ended up being household chores but it did help to have the TV off and just have music on in the back ground. We noticed our day lasted a little longer and we did more things then before. We want to make sure that TV is a priviledge in our home so we decided if that is truly what we believe then we should start treating it that way.
It isn't easy.
Today I was home with Luke and with Curtis at work it was easy for me to turn on the TV when Luke was screaming for far too long (we think he is going through some kind of growing pains [teething???] and his schedule seems to have changed a bit which ends up with him getting cranky when he is tired) or is feeding. I can get a quick escape since there is no one to take him from me. But I noticed the TV was just sucking time and not allowing me to actually relax and enjoy the moment.
Today I was home with Luke and with Curtis at work it was easy for me to turn on the TV when Luke was screaming for far too long (we think he is going through some kind of growing pains [teething???] and his schedule seems to have changed a bit which ends up with him getting cranky when he is tired) or is feeding. I can get a quick escape since there is no one to take him from me. But I noticed the TV was just sucking time and not allowing me to actually relax and enjoy the moment.
Sometimes I think since I work in television I wouldn't want it on so much but seriously Directv has way to many channels.
Sooo, I have decided it is time to utilize my TiVo to it's fullest potential and actually allow it to get a back log of shows. I have tended to treat it like my email box - watch it and delete it. For some reason this is the one area in my life I don't like to hold on to something, well except for The Pirate Movie (http://www.imdb.com/ for those that don't know what this movie is, it is one of my top 10's!-it is craptastic at its finest).
Anyways, here are some new photos, I know that is why some (grandparents at least) come to this blog...they want to see Luke not read my nutty thoughts!!!
Here is a visual growth chart (can't wait to see the one when Luke is 21!!)-

2 comments:
holy cow he's getting so big already! :)
I know what you mean about the tv -- but enjoy the moments while you can. Because soon he will demand attention 24x7 and you won't have the luxury of dozing off to your favorite show soon! :)
That hysterical, I dont even watch tv anymore, its ALL about the movies. In fact I just went to Borders and bought 6 DVDS!!! Luke is growing so fast, I dont even recognize him! I like the pic of you two its really sexy!!!
Post a Comment