
Today was Luke's 2 month Dr's appt which means he got a lot of shots. For some reason he needed to get 5 different shots & 1 oral vaccine. The oral vaccine was no problem since Luke was hungry but the needles were a whole other story. Thank god Curtis came to the appointment. I would have been a mess if he didn't. As soon as Luke got the first injection and started screaming I immediately got tears in my eyes but I bucked up and got strong for Luke and Curtis. My crying would not have helped the situation at all!!
When the shots were done Curtis wrapped Luke up and held him as I came in to snuggle him. The three of us just held onto each other and shared our love while Luke's rapid breathing and screams from the bowels of hell relinquished. I have never seen my son hurt or so upset, it was truly a new experience and not one I'm looking forward to again. My girlfriend did point out this is nothing compared to the first time his gets kicked in the family jewels. She has a point.
Good news, Luke weighs a healthy 12.5 lbs & is 23 inches long (that's 1 inch shorter then 2 ft for those that are mathematically challenged!). He falls within the 57 percentile which is good. Right now that means he is taller by 7% of his age group. Hey from the two shorties that are his parents we find that incredible. Of course the Doctor reminded us this doesn't really represent anything about how tall he will be but hey at least we can say at one point in his life he was taller then the majority!!!
1 comment:
wouldn't it be awesome if he ended up being super tall like Grandpa Shipman? At least he won't remember the shots. well, I hope not.
Post a Comment