When we saw Luke's doctor last week she told us we had to stop giving Luke his middle of the night feed. We had thought this was going to be hard but for the last two nights Luke has not woken up wanting a bottle. He has taken his pacifier and gone right to sleep, we are learning to let him "cry" during the night and not immediately go to him. Luckily he kind of cries out and then goes right back to sleep.
His eating habits have totally changed in just a few days it is kind of weird. He is having bigger bottles during the day (about 3 bottles at 8 oz each) and then around 7p we feed him his solids for the night with a bottle of water (he doesn't like the water much but doc says he needs it to avoid any internal backup though he has no problem making dirty diapers!!). He is really taking to the solids. We tried squash last night which I thought for sure he wouldn't like but he loved them. He makes the cutest faces when we begin feeding him. You can never quite tell if he likes the food or not.
We feel like this isn't enough food but apparently it is as he goes to sleep at 8p and doesn't wake up until I get him up at 6:30-6:45a. I'm hoping this continues this weekend as I would love to sleep in.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment