Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Day back to work


At first I thought this was going to be absolutely horrible to be at work and without Luke.
But I survived!!!

Luke and I had a great hour this morning from 6-7a feeding and playing, he slept by my side last night from 2:30a on. I couldn't bear to send him back to bed. And tonight when he got back home with Curtis he stayed up until 8:30p so I go another 2 hrs with him.

I did download a picture from this blog and made it my desktop and I brought a picture of Curtis and Luke and put it on my desk so I could look at it. The day did go by surprisingly quick. I didn't have much "work" to do since I'm getting re-acclimated which is really nice. It allowed me to catch up with some of my co-workers and I organized my desk/office area. My office mate, Chase and I recently moved offices and our set up is a bit on the cozy side. We are making it work for the time being!

I have to say I'm ready to get my hands "dirty". I really need the stimulation and distraction. I'm very glad I have a job I love and I really enjoy the people I work with. I think if I had a job that wasn't as fun or interesting and I had any disagreements with anyone I worked with I would not feel as good as I do.

I know this will have its hard moments but thank God Luke is with people who are caring and knowledgeable about infant care that I'm not too worried about his health & well being. For now we both needed a little separation to make sure we continue to grow.

I do have to say though "hurry up weekend!!!"

No comments: