Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A good night sleep does wonders

So Luke let us sleep for a good solid 5 hrs before wanting to be fed and even then it was a short feeding and he woke up at 5a for another short feeding before falling to sleep again. Ahhh it was glorious - though my dreams are crazy and sometimes I feel I didn't sleep at all!

Curtis asked why don't I just keep him in bed after the first feeding since they are so close together but honestly I would rather take him back to bed so I can sprawl and not worry about rolling over on him. We do have a rather large bed (king size) so there is room but lately Luke takes to schooching over to me in his sleep and nuzzling right into my arm. So rolling over on him is a legit concern!

Anyways, yesterday I had a mild panic attack regarding Luke's name and the meanness of kids these days (at least according to the news). Now I know he is only 4 months about to be 5 in a few (jeez it goes by fast) days but Kindergarten is going to come at us fast. I'm trying to come up with some snazzy comebacks for the kid that won't get him into trouble. Curtis' answer is just hit the kid(s) calling him names...ummm hello that is so wrong and totally not how we will raise our son. I think Curtis is just riling me up since he knows this is the silliest thing for me to be obsessing about. But seriously I want my kid to be prepared and to understand that only bored children come up with these horrible nicknames.
SOOOOO, if anyone has any snazzy comebacks to Luke the Puke or Puke S***man please send my way. I will make sure to include them in my special book for Luke!!!

You can email your suggestions to luke.d.n.shipman@gmail.com

Now I'm off to save the world via celebrity entertainment....someone needs to make sure we are informed of the most recent dealings of Hollywood's finest and not so glamourous.

No comments: