So here are some pics from our camping trip. As I have mentioned Luke was an instant camper and a hit with the family. Since all the cousins are much older then him we have deemed them aunts & uncles!!!! Most likely there won't be another young cuz for awhile. For those not in the know..I'm 10 yrs older then the next cousin in line to me (Colin about to be married!) and 20 ys older then the youngest cousin (Molly nowhere near to being married!). There are 9 of us Lyons' so it is a neat dynamic especially when you consider that a lot of kids wouldn't want to hang with adults or each other for a week somewhat unwashed and smelling like fish guts (ok only the boys smell like fish guts but the girls are definitely out numbered here!).
I just have to say I never really thought about traditions until this trip. Of course we have little traditions here and there, throw the salt over the shoulder when it spills (happens more then you would believe), Star Wars marathon once a year on the day after Thanksgiving (this is more my personal tradition but Curtis rolls with it) and our yearly camping trip with my family (this was our fourth year). But the tradition in this instance really is the fact that in 1924 my grandfather (my father's father) started coming up to this area with his aunt & uncle. And when I say this area I don't mean Yosemite, I mean Mather (http://www.campmather.com/. It is rather amazing to think of the history just in that. For over 80 yrs someone directly related to me and now my son have gone to this place to camp and hang out.
It was so amazing to hear stories some new and some old about Mather back in the day (last year Grandma joined us and that was a hoot!!! - this was when we got to tell everyone we were pregnant as well, I was only 13 wks along and thank god I didn't have morning sickness!!!). I, myself have a few Mather stories!!
Anyways, enough yakking here are the pics! LOVE YOU ALL!!! BTW - I really need to learn to have a web page for all these photos....
The Cousins The Dads
Chillin' in the McTentsion
2 comments:
WOW looks like crazy fun. I love camping too!! I guess Luke was a natural. Literally! I love the pics, especially the one with father and son snoozin in the tent. I use Picassa Web for my online albums. I really like it.
Great pics!! sounds like you guys had tons of fun. Love the pic of Luke chewing on Auntie Caitlin's hair - what is it with babies and hair!?!? :)
Yay for family traditions!
Post a Comment