Thursday, July 24, 2008
Nightmares or night terrors?
The last few nights Luke has started a new thing. We kind of feel helpless but basically what happens is he will be in a deep sleep and all of sudden start screaming a blood curtling scream. If you give him the pacifier he will calm down sometimes. Or we just have to soothe him with our voices and touch. It doesn't last long but it is upsetting to us as we don't quite understand if something is wrong. He doesn't seem to be in pain, he isn't in a position he can't get out of and he isn't in a new place. It is really weird and I'm hoping it is just a phase.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh no! that's terrible! I was just talking to some friends about separation anxiety, esp. at night. Some babies don't seem to have any separation anxiety during the day (like Logan) but MAY be affected at nighttime and wakeup wanting to make sure mom or dad is nearby. I was just reading about it online too. It seems a little early to be hitting Luke but maybe that's what it is?? http://www.babycenter.com/0_your-7-month-olds-development-week-4_1477275.bc
Whatever the case may be, I'm sure it will pass very soon!! :) Good luck....
Post a Comment