So I haven't had time to update the blog since we have been back from our fantastic camping trip. I will be doing a separate blog all about our trip. But I will say Luke was a tropper and a super duper camper.
Now to the reason why I haven't had time to blog. A few weeks ago I had taken some antibiotics for strep throat which apparently passed on yeast to Luke which has given him a mild case of thrush. That bad part is that this is something that gets passed back and forth between mommy and baby by breastfeeding. Luckily for Luke it isn't painful for him, unlucky for mommy though as I'm experiencing pain in my breasts due to the infection.
I'm still able to feed but what I had thought were his little teeth biting me is actually the pain of the infection. I previously had an infection way back in the beginning of my breastfeeding days but we caught it in time so as not to pass it onto Luke. Not so lucky this time. I have a feeling my breastfeeding days are starting to ween (excuse the horrible pun). I'm still pumping but my milk is coming in a little less each day though I do feed him when at home and he seems happy. He even put on 2 oz between Tuesday and Thursday though weight gain has never been an issue with our little moose.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh no!! I've read about thrush since I had thought early on with Logan I might have a yeast infection myself. It did NOT sound pretty. :(
I hope you're able to get over it very soon and it doesn't kill yours/Luke's appetite for continuing your breastfeeding routine! :)
Good luck!! Hope you feel better real soon.
good god!
Post a Comment