For a few weeks now I have noticed one side of my chest has been pumping a lot less then the other. This has been par for the course but yesterday it dawned on me that the well on the right side has gone and dried up!!! The 1/2 ounce in one pump session (while the other was pumping 4 to 5 oz) really told me that it was time to give that side a rest, the boom has come to an end.
I have to say now the vain side of me (which apparently resides on the left side) is kicking in. My left boob (I just love that word!) is GIGANTIC!!!! And when I say GIGANTIC I mean completely disproportionate to my right side all together. This well has not gone and dried up. I'm totally self-conscious about it but what can I really do about!
I just learned today though that I need to wean Luke and myself from breastfeeding due to some seriously high cholesterol (need to take meds it is that bad!). Total bummer but I do believe we are still passing the thrush back and forth anyways, so I guess my body is saying it is time.
Luke will be 6 months next week so he's gotten what he needed. Though I will truly miss that bonding time with him. It helps soothe both of us at times.
Now I just need to read up on weaning and how to mask the GIGANTOR left boob and I should be good to go.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
holy crap.
Post a Comment