Monday, August 25, 2008

busy busy....



So we have been quite a busy team. On Wednesday my mom and Bert arrived for a week long visit. They have been babysitting while I'm at work which they have loved. Luke is really enjoying it as well. At times I wonder if he wants to spend more time with Grandma beepbeep and Grandpa bopbop then with us. He just watches them and follows them around the apartment and just kind of acknowledges us.

Must be that grandparent bond.

Here is a pic that Grandma beepbeep took of Luke - a special smile for a special lady...


On Saturday Curtis and I finally made it to the movies to see the blockbuster of the summer, yes THE DARK KNIGHT. We haven't been to a movie in a long time so it was great. We went with our friends, Herb & Nora. It was great to go on a double date even if it was 11am in the morning. Gotta take 'em when you can right... We really wish we had mommy and daddy movies that would be awesome. Though I guess there is something about being away from the baby for a few hours though that happens Mon-Fri from 7am-6:30p so who can blame us for wanting to be with Luke as much as we can!!! He is just too adorable.
We also all caravaned together and looked at some houses. I have to say we finally got to see some stuff that has potential future Shipman home written on them. The first round of house gazing was god awful. I can't believe the garbage out there people think they can sell for outrageous amounts. I may really want to buy a home but I'm not desparate enough to purchase some of the tear downs out there.
But our faith has been restored as we have seen some potential places - nothing to get to excited about as we are going a bit detached through this process. I'm going to view more homes Friday which will be quite exciting.

No comments: