We have had quite the eventful 48 hrs! We finally were able to return to home which is great. Though Luke ended up having his first multiple day cold or flu. It started Friday morning with a phone call from day care that someone needed to come pick him up since he was running a 102.2 temp! Miss Alyssa felt this was more then just teething as a fever associated with teething wouldn't usually run that high.
Since I had already done two days home from work with Luke due to the thrush and his stomach flu it was Curtis' turn at taking care of our little guy. Stories from Curtis throughout the day let me know that this was the real deal. He had a fever, was super stuffy and just plain fussy.
It was heartbreaking to come home and see the little guy in so much obvious discomfort. He didn't want to eat much though we did make sure to keep him hydrated with formula and pedilyte (which he really doesn't like, I don't blame him!!). He started getting better Saturday when we returned to the apartment but then went downhill Saturday night. His fever returned with a vengeance. We did everything we were told to do: hydrate, lukewarm bath, steam the bathroom up. Once we did the bathroom steam up he finally started to drain....he still had a hard time eating though since he was so stuffy. Finally around 5am this morning his fever broke!!! Yeehaw...
He is still draining and is less then his stellar Luke self but he is getting there. We have gotten some laughs, smiles and he has had interest in playing again though he is obvious still not 100%. It was a challenge for Curtis and I for sure. We hadn't truly been through this before and since both of us have been sick in the last two weeks we felt awful that it was most likely us that got him sick. It is even harder when he can't tell you where it hurts the poor little guy. I think the hardest part is the whimpering. It is profoundly the most horrifying sound to experience.
But we have survived!!! Our apartment is getting back to normalcy and we are just all excited to be back with our stuff albeit a lot of stuff and with the animals (me more so then Curtis, they just drive him crazy). It is amazing how you realize how much crap one obtains for no apparent reason. Needless to say we are purging, purging, purging!! Thank goodness for Out of the Closet, one of my favorite places to donate stuff to.
I was able to house hunt with our realtor yesterday which was interesting to say the least. While we know we are not going to get a mcmansion it is quite an eye opener to what people have out there and what they think their house is worth. The LA market hasn't quite hit bottom yet so at least we have that on our side but man the options in our little section of Burbank are quite interesting. I hadn't expected to find the right place in a day and I know this is going to be one of those right times, right places kind of search. But I think we are still a few months off from finding the place we will call home for the next few years.
Either way we are home, Luke is much better and we are still just rolling in happiness though a little dusty!!!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is heart wrenching to see your children sick, hurt, hearts broken, and most of all it hurts to ever have them disappointed. But all of this happens and you will be there-always-to comfort them, advise them, console them, and hoepfully they will listen to a little of what you have to say.
Remember-no matter how old they get, how rich or poor, they are always your babies.
And that is why mothers are allowed to nag-I mean-encourage you no matter how old you get.
So glad the adventure had turned towards home. Take my advice-keep purging. I can't believe how fast it all builds up again.
Boy, what odd timing. I got a call from Logan's school on Friday about a high temp (and lots of puking!) :( as well. He hasn't been his normal self all weekend, but what is worse, Jon and I seem to have caught what yucky stomach flu he has. So, all three are feeling pretty crappy. :(
I'm just now starting to realize the impact of having a child in your house will do - once he gets sick, we get sick. Once one of us gets sick, the kid gets sick. It's a never-ending vicious cycle!! :)
I'm really glad to hear Luke's feeling better and you guys are back home!! The real estate market is definitely scary in CA, but it's so totally worth it once you find a place you (can own and) can *really* call home! We are so excited for you guys!! :)
Post a Comment