Today was my first Mother's Day and we spent it together as a family. It was a lot of fun and really nice. My day started out with Curtis and Luke spending the morning together while I got to sleep in and then they brought me coffee in bed. I then piddled around the house which is one of my favorite Sunday pastimes! We all got dressed up and went to Morton's Steakhouse for a very long leisurely lunch. We had our picture taken but I'm experiencing technical difficulties at the moment and can't seem to post it. Luke actually woke up for the picture!!!
We had intended on going to the Zoo afterwards but lunch was nice and long and the Zoo closes at 5p so we didn't make it in time. I'm actually kind of baffled that the Zoo is only open until 5p. Either way I know we will make it there someday soon!
After lunch we took a nice Sunday drive around Griffith Park and let our huge lunch settle. It was lovely out and there was hardly any traffic so it was really enjoyable. We got some movies (being Mother's Day I got to pick, I choose two Jason Statham films - he reminds me of a British Curtis!!!) and Mario Kart for the Wii and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening with mindless entertainment.
It was a wonderful first Mother's Day and I got the greatest card from Luke!!! I so love our family and I am looking forward to many more wonderful Mother's Days.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment