Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Kiss me, I'm 1/4 Mexican - Happy Cinco De Mayo (one day late)

Luke-isms
So Luke is really starting to sleep through the "night". His night usually starts between 7 & 8 and he sleeps through to about 3:30-4a. It is quite nice though I haven't gotten in the habit of going to bed so early. I'm actually having a difficult time going to bed before 12a. I'm trying to work on this though. I think it is the late afternoon naps we tend take. I'm forgoing the afternoon naps to see if this will help!

Luke is definitely starting to fight nap time - I think he is a little young to be doing this but for some reason he sometimes just doesn't want to miss out on whatever is happening at the house. He is really tired though cause his lids get super heavy and he starts to sleep but then he wakes himself up again and starts fussing. He eventually falls asleep and will sleep for a few hours.

He isn't laughing yet but at times you can totally tell he wants to. His coos & grunts are quite cute. He is getting more verbal everyday.

He doesn't so much care for tummy time but I'm trying to get him to have some tummy time a few times a day.

He does enjoy spending time by himself though. He talks to himself and his crib toys and just rattles his wrist rattle.

We are really happy the transition to his room has not been to traumatic. Curtis sometimes brings him to me in bed in the morning before he leaves for work but most of the time I just try and do a morning feed and put him back in his bed.

1 comment:

Cat Shipman said...

how could he not love his room with Pooh as his friend?!!!