So today Luke and I had a big day out. We left the house at 8:45am, early for us and did the trek over the hill and into the valley to meet his caregiver at his day care.
First I should mention that Luke has been chatting all day which started at 4am this morning. It is so fun to listen to him. Of course today was another day I didn't have the camera to get some video of all his chatting but I'm sure this is only the beginning.
Anyways, back to our day. Luke and I went to his day care to meet his care giver, Alyssa. Luke was awake the entire ride usually he is asleep within minutes in the car. I guess he was excited to see this place! When we got to the center we met up with Alyssa and did our interview and meet and greet. Alyssa held Luke and he was quite smitten with her which makes me feel comfortable.
Alyssa will be taking care of two other infants in addition to Luke, one of them is named Lucas!!! That will be confusing for awhile I'm sure. Alyssa seemed really nice and appears to have a very good demeanor. So I feel pretty comfortable leaving my adorable son with her everyday weekday! She also showed off Luke to the other caregivers and proudly said how beautiful he was to them. I can't help boasting, he is just so gorgeous.
Luke was definitely on his best behavior, he even talked and smiled to many at the center.
After the center we went and did some shopping and of course I got a two handbags/diaper bags. This addiction is out of control but I just can't seem to help myself!!! We shall just say these were early birthday gifts.
We then went and had lunch with Curtis which was really nice. Luke was super happy to see Daddy. He just smiled and chatted up a storm. After our lunch we went and hung out with Danielle who is scheduled to have her baby on Monday! Luke smiled and smiled at Danielle. I think he knows his friend Madison is coming soon.
Of course he got the 3PM crankies and we headed home for feed time and naps.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
excellent news!! so glad the first day meeting his caregiver worked out so well. I'm sure that put you a little more at ease :)
Post a Comment