Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lazy days are coming to an end...

So I know I promised pictures from up North but I have yet to take the time to download the hundreds we took. I really need to get on that since there are some cute ones of Luke lazing around Grandma Beep Beep's pool with the chihuahua's. He is so a California boy.

Anyways, I'm starting to realize our long lazy days together are coming to an end. I'm getting quite emotional about it. I'm also spending every waking moment with Luke holding him and hanging out with him. Especially since this won't ever happen again with just the two of us.

I return to work on June 9th but Luke starts day care June 2nd. At the time it sounded like a good idea to have Luke start day care before I go to work so I can deal with my separation anxiety, now I'm starting to wonder about this. Oh well, who is to say I can't hang out with him while he is at day care for his first week, though I'm sure this wouldn't do any good for either of us. I will just need to stick to my plan of catching a few summer blockbusters and doing some shopping. Need to get some new clothes for work. It is like starting school all over again!!

Curtis and I are hoping to get to Disneyland this Monday, Memorial Day, before our annual passes go into summer time blackout dates. Should be fun as we will definitely be taking our little man on some rides. Let's hope he doesn't get nightmares from Snow White.

1 comment:

Mama Bree said...

wow - already?!?! man time sure does fly doesn't it?!?

what about just send him 3x the first week? without planning it, we ended up doing that with Logan because of my back problem, but I think it actually worked out really well for both me and him... :) or part time for the day (only the morning, or only the afternoon) could also work.

don't worry - it's not as bad as it seems at first! you will miss him, of course, but you'll work it out ok!! good luck!! :)