Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


My boys...

We enjoyed a family Thanksgiving this year. Curtis and I were sick (still recovering both of us have lost our voices) luckily I guess we got the flu and since Luke had his flu shot he didn't get sick. So since we were sick we had to forego going to Curtis' Aunt & Uncle's house in Sun City. We were disappointed as we really wanted to be with family for Luke's first Thanksgiving. Though in the end the three of us were still together and we did have a nice dinner.


Even though we were sick I got up early and took Luke to the store to do our dinner shopping. We were there early enough that no one was really in the store yet! I had to go back an hour later (forgot sugar) and it was packed.

On our menu we had a huge turkey breast, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, biscuits and apple pie. I definitely over did it. But what can I say it was Luke's first Thanksgiving. We didn't really take any photos as we all looked yucky but there are a few.
Luke got to sample the cranberry sauce, yams before they were made into a casserole and biscuit. He really enjoyed it. This morning for a special post Thanksgiving breakfast I pureed bananas and pears for him. He really loved it though I think all this fresh food is giving him some serious gas. Man the kid can toot!

Yesterday he fell in love with the Winnie the Pooh decoration and played with it for quite awhile!!!

He also discovered if you pull out one kleenex another pops up! It was quite a discovery...

No comments: