Sunday, November 30, 2008

On Monday November 24th Luke and I attended a memorial for a baby that was in Luke's day care. This is a very hard thing to write about. One of Luke's peers passed away. From what I understand Braedan was 2 months younger then Luke. He has a twin brother Logan that is still in Luke's group. Braedan was diagnosed with a brain tumor that unfortunately was terminal.
On November 24th Luke and I went to Breaden's memorial at Luke's day care which included a tree planting ceremony. It was important to me to take Luke to this memorial and be there with my son. Even though I didn't know the parents outside of seeing them picking up Logan (Braedan's twin brother) I felt we needed to be there to represent.
It was strangely surreal for me. So much that I can't write this blog without feelings of what if and what do I really know of this kind of pain.
Though I did learn a few things during the memorial. My son of 9 months already has friends that I don't know of. That there are people who don't know Curtis and I but know Luke and support him.
I felt it was important that Luke and I attend this memorial. I may not know this family intimately but my son interacts with Logan daily. Even if Luke doesn't understand what is happening, something is happening. A friend lost his brother...A parent lost a child.
We had to go to support. We had to go to let the family know they are not alone. I can not imagine what they are going through but hope that they know that every day that we pass Braedan's tree we are sending a message of hope and love. Hopefully Logan knows that his peers are there for him.

1 comment:

Cat Shipman said...

wow, that is sooo sad. I am very sorry to hear it.