Today Luke and I went on a grand adventure. It was the first time out in the car for just Luke and I. Which meant I needed to load him in the car (no problem), load the stroller (a bit on the bulky side and not easy with c-section but doable) and lug around the heaviest diaper bag ever!
We hung out with our friend Danielle (a soon to be mommy) at her Dr's office. Upon arriving at the parking garage Luke in his carrier and I headed down the parking ramp towards the elevators when I realized the carrier and fully loaded diaper bag was heavy. So back up the parking garage ramp we went to get the stroller - I forgot I had brought the stroller (1 point to Mommy brain). Once Luke was strapped in we went and sat in the sun for a bit while we waited for Danielle's Dr appt.
We all headed to lunch at Jerry's Deli. For some reason I did not grab the stroller from the car while I parked in valet and decided to take him in his carrier which made sense at the time. Though once we got to the table we realized this error in thought. There really isn't a place to put the carrier that doesn't look too precarious BUT with a little maneuvering (the tables do not move) I was able to wedge the carrier between the booth & table. I could see the fear in Danielle's eyes at the unstable nature of this placement but it was really the only way to go. For some reason getting the stroller just didn't enter my mind (2 points to Mommy brain). Luckily, Luke was on his best behavior (and the restaurant was super loud) so any little squeaks/screams he released no one heard but his Mom (and maybe Danielle).
I do have to say it was quite a learning experience for me. I feel it was successful and I obviously still have some learning to do but I believe that is what parenthood is suppose to be about.
WOW - I'm someone's Mom and Curtis is a Dad (haha) - this still trips me out.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment