Luke is getting a lot longer. I'm planning on getting a chart to measure his length - thought it would be fun for him to see his growth from the beginning and since we are in an apartment and not something we own it doesn't make sense to keep track on a wall or inside a closet. I remember as a kid we would keep track of our height and it was always fun to watch the progress. Luke just got a calendar from his grandgodmother Bethy to keep track of all his major accomplishments his first year. I'm looking forward to updating this calendar it will be so fun to share this with him when he is older! As well as have a detailed reminder of when things happened as I know this year is going to go by so fast.
We have started the transistion for Luke's sleeping. Last night he slept in his bassinet, he had been sleeping in the flat portion of his stroller. We think he liked the close confines of the stroller. He is definitely developing a pattern to his nighttime which is great. He was only up for about 40 mins last night instead of 2 hrs which allowed us to get some good sleep. He is also staying up a bit more during the day which I hope means he is starting to know the difference between day & night. According to the book I reference a lot this is the week when on average a baby starts to get on mom & dad's schedule (though I present this thought loosely as I don't believe he will ever be on our schedule).
Today is Luke's first St. Patrick's Day. While Luke is a little too young to enjoy a green beer, I'm having one for him. I'm curious though will the green dye change the color of my breastmilk? I will have to get back to you all regarding this!
1 comment:
he is like an little Irish Clover.
Post a Comment