Saturday, March 1, 2008

Recovery




I had no idea how long this recovery was going to take. I guess if I had known all the health issues I would have after delivery it would make sense. My blood pressure won't make up its mind - one day it will be low and the next few it will be high again. The swelling has decreased tremendously which is great - I can finally wiggle my toes!!! I'm hoping to be able to wear my wedding ring by Monday.

I'm now on antibiotics so I can't breastfeed for over a month but luckily Luke isn't too picky about where his food comes from.

We are now taking walks around our neighborhood - I think we are all starting to get a little claustrophobic in our apartment. Even though the place is huge you can only take it for so long. The weather has been phenomenal here and the flowers are starting to bloom. I'm so excited to be able to walk around with Luke in the springtime. I think the springtime is my favorite season.

Luke is doing really well at night which is great for us all. I'm sad to see Curtis go back to work but I'm sure we will be fine on our own during the day. Thank goodness we have cute neighborhoods to walk around in.
Keep an eye out for more photos especially those from our walks.

2 comments:

Mama Bree said...

You look great Renee! Glad to hear you're recovering so quickly :) And, it's awesome to hear how well Luke is sleeping at night!! Yay!

Cat Shipman said...

I love your black hair.