Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Day 3 on our own

Today marks the third day of Luke & I on our own. Last night Curtis let me sleep through the night which was quite a treat. Today I'm totally refreshed and have gotten some needed chores done while Luke is taking his morning nap. We will most likely take an afternoon nap together - don't want to over do it too much. I'm trying to decipher a pattern to Luke's napping and feedings - it seems like there might be a pattern developing which is good. I just need to make sure to take advantage of the time when it is presented.


I'm starting to get a little stir crazy but once I really start to feel claustrophobic exhaustion hits and we take a nap. I'm hoping this passes and I find ourselves getting out a lot more then we have been - I'm chalking it all up to being part of the first month with baby. We are all still learning a lot about each other which I believe happens continously through life. Curtis has been so wonderful, I'm so happy he is my husband, best friend and dad to our child. This has been the toughest thing we have ever gone through and we are only getting closer and building such a stronger bond it is amazing.


My headaches are lessening which is great. My doctor has put me on oxygen therapy basically I need to suck some fresh O2 for about 5 mins at the onset of a headache. This is to help with the headache since they come on so fast and only last 30 mins to an hour (I will sometimes have two to three in a row which totally sucks) and pills won't help with the pain since it takes so long to get through the system. I have been using coffee and ice packs while waiting for the arrival of the O2 tank.

Good news though, my blood pressure seems to have stabilized which we are most excited about. I'm happy just to be off all of the different pills. I only have to take the blood pressure pills which hopefully I can be off of in 2 months or so.

1 comment:

Cat Shipman said...

You should totally cruise the neighborhood with your oxygen tank in one hand and Baby Jedi in the other. that would be hysterical.